2 cans coconut milk (1 can = 2 cups)
1 can evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups corn starch/ corn flour dissolved in 2 cups water
1 can cream style corn or kernel corn
1 can condensed milk
2 cups sugar (adjust according to your taste)
1 unsalted butter
7 cups water
toasted desiccated coconut or latik for toppings
1. Dissolve the corn starch/corn flour in a mixing bowl the set aside.
2. In a big pan, pour the coconut milk and water. Bring to boil.
3. When the coconut milk is boiling turn the heat down to medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the corn starch/corn flour. Bring it to boil again. You can taste the mixture if you want to add more sugar then do so.
4. Once the mixture is boiling, turn the heat to low then gradually add the dissolved corn starch/corn flour make sure you stir it at the same time. It will thicken straight away. Mix thoroughly till the thickness is even and paste-like consistency, turn off the heat.
5. Transfer the mixture in 2 big trays. Let it cool down completely to firm it up. Sprinkle the toppings. Refrigerate when needed. Then it's ready to serve!
Special thanks to my good friend Normalyn Ferrer for sharing this recipe!
Aling Oday's Kusina