Aling Oday's Kusina
2 cups all-purpose/plain flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. powder milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cup water
1/4 butter, melted
Cheese slices (optional)
Salted egg, sliced (optional)
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl then set aside.
2. Beat eggs in a separate bowl then add water.
3. Add flour mixture slowly while stirring constantly.
4. Add melted butter and mix well. Transfer the batter in a jug.
5. Brush the puto moulds with butter.
6. Pour the mixture into puto moulds up to 3/4 of the yield.
7. Steam for around 10 minutes then put the cheese slices or salted eggs on top. Continue steaming for another 2 minutes or until the puto is cooked. Insert a stick In the middle of the puto when the stick comes out clean, then your puto is now cooked.